Get up to speed about the fundamental principles of full brain network modeling using the open-source neuroinformatics platform The Virtual Brain (TVB).
In the workshop we will explain the fundamental principles of full brain network modeling using the open source neuroinformatics platform The Virtual Brain (TVB). This simulation environment enables the biologically realistic modeling of network dynamics using connectome-based approaches across different brain scales. Configurable brain network models generate macroscopic neuroimaging signals including functional MRI, intracranial and stereotactic EEG, surface EEG and MEG for single subjects. Researchers from different backgrounds can benefit from an integrative software platform including a supporting framework for data management (generation, organization, storage, integration and sharing) and a simulation core written in Python.
The workshop has been strategically scheduled to take place preceding NeuroFrance 2019 that will take place May 22-24, also in Marseille. Optimize your time in Marseille by registering for both events!
• Lectures and hands-on tutorials
• Participants are encouraged to bring their own data to work on
Workshop Program Overview:
• Theoretical background of large scale brain network modeling
• Architecture of The Virtual Brain
• Interacting with TVB using GUI and Python CLI (hands-on)
• Personalization pipeline (TVB-recon)
• Modeling brain stimulation
• Clinical applications of The Virtual Brain
• Modeling epilepsy (hands-on)
• Data fitting: theoretical background
• Modeling resting state networks (hands-on)
• Modeling brain stimulation and mouse brains
• Mouse simulation (hands-on)
• Modifying TVB code and implementing new features (hands-on)
• Optional: bring your own data (optional)
Please make sure to register early as we only offer limited seats to ensure there are enough tutors for you.
REGISTRATION CLOSES APRIL 29th, 2019
If you need more details about this TVB Node workshop,
please contact the local organizer - Lisa Otten